Self-care is described as any activity that is deliberately done to take care of our mental, physical, and emotional health. It is important because in this chaotic and hectic world, people are always on the go and it can sometimes be impossible to stop and take care of yourself. Everyone will benefit from indulging in self-care and when mental illness is added to the fold it is especially important. Self-care is incredibly personal and the activities that are performed depend on an individual’s personal preference.
While there are many actions and activities that can be considered self-care, here is a list of 10 acts to show yourself some love.
- Get outside in the fresh air for a walk.
- Read a book on a subject that interests you.
- Take a few minutes out of your day to meditate.
- Eat a healthy, nourishing meal.
- Listen to calming music.
- Do an activity that makes you happy.
- Write your thoughts down in a journal.
- Declutter your space.
- Treat yourself to some flowers.
- Take a shower and get dressed up in a nice outfit.
Take some time out as soon as you can and enjoy yourself. You will feel energized, rejuvenated and ready to face the world. I encourage you to try it out, even if it is only for a few minutes. Take some time to care for you.